I want to apply for state financial aid as a non-citizen. Am I doing the application correctly?

If you are a non-citizen, you may still be eligible for financial aid from the state, institutions you are applying to, and scholarships. You can fill out the Texas Application for Student Financial Aid (TASFA), which is used to determine your eligibility for financial aid in the state of Texas. Use these step-by-step instructions to guide your way through the entire application.

IMPORTANT: Once you complete the application, call each school's Financial Aid Office to check if they need any additional documents in order for them to consider you for financial aid. After you have all items needed for each school, deliver or mail in documents to each school's Financial Aid Office.

State Deadline: January 15th

Where do I start?

Wait till October! 

If already October fill out either version:

What about the FAFSA?

The Fafsa is for a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (including a U.S. national or permanent resident) that have a valid Social Security number. 

To not exclude anyone Texas has the TASFA!

Oh, I think I need more help!

Lets have a 1 on 1 and discuss this!

Click your School in the tab above to find your Adviser.